Tuesday, April 28, 2009

'Tea Party' Bridal Shower Invite...

A friend of mine asked me for an idea, for an invite to a bridal shower that had a tea party theme...


This is what I came up with...I wasn't happy with the inside so I am not posting it LOL.





I also didn't have anything that said 'Bridal' to put on the front.
The Tea pot and cup are embossed with an embossing tool and brass stencil, then chalked and inked and cut out. The 'you're invited' sentiment is from a last year CTMH SOTM (stamp of the month). The papers and CS are CTMH's That's Amore Paper Pack. The flowers are CTMH that have been inked with Hollyhock and Chocolate inks. I put a few flat back pearls in the center of the flowers. The card needs something....but I can't think what...maybe a big button..no just kidding LOL.
I loved the idea of the sentiment being 'poured' into the tea cup. But the top is too empty..maybe I should have clustered the flowers in a top corner???
Anyways enough of my misgivings..

OK my shout out tonight is for Amy from Amy's Art from the Heart . She is a fellow CTMH consultant and she has some gorgeous stuff on her blog. You should go check out this card she made with some of the new, soon to be available, stamps and papers...so cool!

I hope you are all having a wonderful Tuesday...
Thanks so much for each and EVERY comment...I appreciate them all so much.
Enjoy!

7 comments:

Marie said...

Pretty and clever card...I think it is wonderful just the way it is. Marie with a :-)

Kathi Carlson said...

No big button needed here! Your card/invitation is great! I love dry embossing and might just have to dust off my brass stencils and use them. Thanks for the inspiration!

Laurel said...

Love how you used the Express Postage stamp set!

Nellie Mae said...

So cute!! I love the teapot! How did you get the '3 stories you might like' at the end of your blog posting? I love that...and I didn't realize I could do it on blogger....Thanks!!

Jeanne said...

Oh so cute! Like Kathi, I'm gonna have to work on adding more dry embossing to my cards. I tend to go in fits and spurts with techniques.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Sparkplug17 said...

How fun! They're darling invites and I love tea parties!

Amy Moore said...

Your artwork is really fantastic and thanks for the shout out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails