Sunday, April 26, 2009

Card for CPS 113

Here is the Sketch over at the CPS blog


Here is my card..



I had a BLAST making this card...actually I made 2 very similar but I will post the other one tomorrow for the Card Patterns sketch.
Amy and I went to Wal Mart for groceries and naturally my cart deviated to their craft and fabric sections where we ohhed and ahhed over some ribbon. Then we saw these button sets they had and I KNEW I had to put them on a card. Amy had a great time with me looking through all the ribbon to find some that matched...We scored in their reduced ribbon bin!!
I have been enjoying the K Werner Design Blog and love her style of cards SO I thought I would have a go at cards like this. I LOVE this Kraft Card Stock. Not much to say about this card. Ribbon and Buttons from Wal Mart, Kraft paper from LSS, Cocoa CS from CTMH, sentiment 'Say it In Style' CTMH.
Can we say...thank goodness for acrylic stamps!!!!
I actually really like this card, but to me it's the buttons that 'make' it.
Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday...make sure you leave a comment on my Blog candy post...EVEN if you don't offer blog candy on your blog..(yes, you, Jeanne), it's the comments that are so special to me not the fact that you offer candy!!!!
Enjoy!


7 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Nice use of that CPS sketch and I love those buttons.

Jeanne said...

Those buttons are so neat! I remember seeing similar ones at the Walmart I shop at. Unfortunately, they are revamping the store and have taken away all the fabric and buttons (sniff, sniff, sob, sob). They'll still have some crafty stuff, but more for "celebrations." It's going to be interesting to see what all they keep when they are all done.

And...I DID participate in your blog candy...but only because you told me to! *Ü* I wish you continued success on your blog and with your crafting! Hugs

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh,Sarah! Ya gotta know I'd LOVE this card! I love the colors, the buttons, everything about it!

Elise said...

WONDERFUL color combo, there! I love your card and the cute story of acquiring those buttons/inspiration! What fun!

Millie said...

I love kraft paper and am always attracted to cards made with this color!! The buttons add nice texture!

Lea L. said...

What an awesome clean and graphic card! I love the clean lines and those three circle chipboard buttons! Great job with CPS 113!

~Lea

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love the fun buttons and clean style. Way to go on the CPS sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Related Posts with Thumbnails