Saturday, April 18, 2009

Card for Unscripted Sketches 02

Here is the Unscripted Sketches , Sketch #02

Here is my version





















I used CTMH's Silhouette Creative Basics paper and ribbon that came with the pack and some black CTMH CS.

I used this cool embossing plate I just bought. You basically put the brass plate on a light source, with the paper over the top and use your embossing stylus and trace the image. It was SO EASY and so super cool looking. Sadly it really doesn't show up on the picture. Then I rubbed some shimmery chalk over the image and mounted it. I added some Prima Flowers with some flat pearl embellies.
Here is the light 'table' and the brass 'stencil' I used.





While I am not happy with the card..It was a starting point. I really did enjoy using the dry embossing stylus on that stencil. I will have to perfect my technique for coloring them. Any pointers would be appreciated!
I am exhausted my my Girl Scout overnighter (but it was fun) and am looking at a merciless 12 hour shift tomorrow!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
P.S. If you haven't been over to Wonderfully Whimsy this week then you are missing OUT!!! Rachel's Mom has posted a weeks worth of totally amazing art, and you have GOT to check it out. Talk about talented.
Enjoy!!




14 comments:

Carla Harrah said...

Glad you had fun with the girls. Sorry about the 12 hours, but just think it's only 12 hours. LOL!
I TOTALLY LOVE the card. I think it is beautiful! Great work!!!

Betty J Schaub said...

What a beautiful card! Love the metal plate embossing and the coloring. Terrifc take on the sketch.

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is a fabulous take on the sketch! I love this creative basics pack mine is almost gone! Thanks Sarah for joining in the fun. BR-T

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful card! Love your take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for joining us again!

Michele Kovack said...

I think your card turned out beautiful! We are always our own worst critics! Hope your Girl Scout trip was fun!

Haley D. said...

Great card!

Jenny said...

Beautiful, beautiful card, I love the embossing. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing!!

Caryl P said...

I think your card turned out great--I love the embossing! Great take on the sketch, thanks for playing again.

Jeanne said...

Great job on this card. I really like the pop of color!

Glad to hear you had fun with the girls. Good luck getting through your 12 hour shift...I honestly don't know how you get it all done without collapsing!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

What's not to like??? I think it's very soft and pretty! Great job on the sketch. :)

Kelly said...

Great job on this sketch! I love the Silhouette paper pack. It just goes with everything! My fave part is the embossing- it really need to get my plates out and do it more often. Thanks for inspiring!

April Hall said...

What a beautiful card! I have long forgot about my dry embossing supplies, and just may have to dust them off! Your card is great!

Fink said...

My dear it a beautiful card! You should be proud of it and the coloring is just perfect! Hope you recoop from the gs event!

Anonymous said...

I find everything about this card so beautiful! I wouldn't change a thing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails