Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Card Just For FUN!







I saw this picket fence stuff at Walmart and grabbed it thinking I could make a card or something from it. The card evolved as I was making it and this is what I ended up with. My DH who NEVER comments on my cards (just grunts) said..."wow that is really cute." He saw me cutting out a sun because I thought the top of the card was too empty...and he said NOOOO it looks good like that don't overcrowd it. So I left the sky empty...kinda like it is in real life. I really wanted to add a cloud or too but I left it alone. After I looked at the pics I realised that there was a drip or something on the 'dirt', so I will have to add another critter.



I did the background by sponging on light blue and then used post-it's to mask the 'dirt'. then I sponged brown inks on the ground and darker inks on the sky...inspired by Michelle Zindorf's blog (although I sure could OT use the brayer..believe me I have tried.)



I used CTMH's Dainty Thoughts, Ms Gardner, and Wonderful Charms SS's. I also used some Sassy Strands for my 'vine'. Everything is colored with Copic's.
Now I need to find a challenge to enter the card in LOL.
Enjoy!






8 comments:

Nellie Mae said...

wow! That vine looks so cool!! I love this card! Great work! Happy Friday!!!

Jamie Harder said...

Like I said on the BB...LOVE IT!! You are on a roll!!

Carla Harrah said...

Sarah,
When should I expect this card in the mail? LOL! This is awesome. I wish I had a tenth of the creativeness you have. Your DH is right. Nothing else needed. Maybe you should submit it for publication? Just a thought IMHO.
You go girl! Have a wonderful Easter.

Jeanne said...

Wow! This is fantastic! Love the whole scene you've got going on there. Everything works together wonderfully. Great work, Sarah!

Laurel said...

So cute! Love how you incorporated all the stamp sets.

Haley D. said...

WOWZERS! You are sooooo talented. Great card.

Beth aka BR-T said...

Sarah you are on fire! this card is so terrific! BR-T

Jessica said...

This is probably one of my favorites, Sarah! I can see this on a Scrapbook page!! Your work just keeps getting better and better!

Jessica

Related Posts with Thumbnails