Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Card for Unscripted Sketches 01

Here is the Unscripted Sketches Sketch



There is a wonderful new challenge blog called Unscripted Sketches and I decided to tackle their first sketch.
I started by picking out a stamp and went form there...for me that is never a good move. I do better starting with my papers.
I decided I wanted to use the Priceless Love SS and I paired it with Let's Get Together Papers. I chose the sentiment 'You color my World'. So initially I thought I would choose really colorful papers. and this is what I got. I turned the Sketch on it's side




I decided I didn't like this card and went with the thought of making the card black and grey and coloring the sentiment only...then I went further and thought I would attempt a clear card...something I have never done before.






So I have my clear card base and added black and grey CS and stamped my sentiment on White Daisy. When the card is closed it matches the sketch. I added some CTMH Rub-on's and some red bling. Then I put those 3 pearl embellies on the bottom...don't know if I shouldn't take them off..what do you think? My Mojo was not in the ON position again today. I just couldn't SEE the card in my head.

I love it when I have an image in my head..it is so much easier.
Which one would you go with???

Maybe I should just start over LOL

Hope you had a wonderful Wednesday

Enjoy!

10 comments:

JeanB said...

Hi Sarah- I like them both but if I had to pick one I like the gray and black clear card better. I think I like the pop of color in the sentiment- it really stands out!

Unknown said...

Your cards are both really great. I really like the clear card with black, white and gray. We're so happy to have you join us this week for the firs Unscripted Sketches challenge! Hope you'll play along again! :)

Jeanne said...

While I like the first card...the second one really pops out at me. I like the burst of color in the red!

Great work, Sarah, although I know too well how frustrating creating can be when the mojo is elusive!

Laurel said...

Super job! I love the clear card.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great job! Now I'm off to visit the website you referenced...couldn't you just spend all day making cards for challenges? LOL

Jamie Harder said...

GREAT cards!!!!! LOVE the clear card!!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Sarah I am so thrilled you were able to do the Unscripted Sketch! Everyone will soon see all the awesome work you create! Both of these cards are so unique and wonderful; I love all the red played into the first card and how it's used as an accents in the second plus I love clear cards! Thanks again Sarah! Beth aka BR-T

Caryl P said...

I love both of your cards, but I think the first one is my favorite. I am a big fan of color and flowers! Thanks so much for playing along, I hope to see more of your work in the future!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Both cards are amazing! I'm glad that you stepped outside of your comfort zone by creating the clear card. I love clear cards! So many endless possibilities. And I think the pearls look great.

Kelly said...

love the cards- saw on the BB and gave the site a look-see! thanks for the tip! I like the acetate card-

Related Posts with Thumbnails