Friday, April 24, 2009

I Tried a Vintage Card....




I thought I would try a 'vintage' type card with lots of distressing. Over at the Hero Art's blog they are showing techniques all to do with distressing, so I thought I would have a go. I couldn't enter it in their challenge as I didn't use a Hero Art's stamp.
I used CTMH's Cocoa and, I think, Vanilla Cream CS (but I could be wrong and often am). I used some Vintage Travel B&T Paper. The sentiment is from a previous CTMH Stamp of the Month (I can't remember the name of it....how sad is that!) The Lace 'ribbon' is from Hobby Lobby and the buttons from my collection...(and some from the ones Chrissy sent me for commenting on her blog..I will post that loot later.)
I cut some Cocoa CS with my Martha Stewart punch and added some 'ribbon'. The flower is a Nestibilities die and the Crocheted flower is a CTMH one that was distressed with some ink. I used my CTMH Edge Distresser....that thing ROCKS and is only $2.50!!!!
I think that is about it...
Hope you are having a wonderful Friday! It is so warm here today..high 80's! I finally caved and turned the AC on.
Thanks everyone for all your wonderful comments......I have been blogging now for 2 months, as of yesterday, and am getting close to 2000 hits !!!! I think I may have to offer some blog Candy at 2000....I have a Just Because Card Kit from CTMH that is still in it's cello wrapper and I think I may have to offer that, so stay tuned!
Enjoy!

6 comments:

Nancy Sanders said...

What a beautiful vintage card, so stunning, so elegant.

Jeanne said...

First...did you give your blog a new look? Love it!

Second...not only did you "try" a vintage card, you knocked it right out of the park. This is a FANTASTIC card! I love every single thing about it.

Blogging is so fun and I've learned so much since I've started what almost 2 years ago now...wait has it been that long? Wow!

Have a great weekend...I'm going to drool over your card now...

Anonymous said...

You tried a vintage card and....you WAY succeeded! Just BEAUTIFUL! Amazing what you don't think you're good at, but are! Your creations are why I come by everyday...I'm always impressed by what you make...

Unknown said...

I immediately fell in love with this card. I adore the color combo and the distressing. I can't believe this is your "try" at vintage - you rocked it!!!

Penny said...

Wow!!!!! This card is GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Hello
prozac antidepressant

For a first timer, especially younger than 24 years old, taking an antidepressant may trigger suicidal thoughts.
[url=http://c3library.com/]prozac mg[/url]
It is prescribed to treat major depressive disorders, bulimia nervosa, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorders and premestrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).
http://c3library.com/ - order fluoxetine

Tell your doctor, too, if you are allergic to any kinds of drugs, or if you have cirrhosis of the liver, kidney disease, diabetes, epilepsy, bipolar disorder or a history of drug abuse.

Related Posts with Thumbnails