Saturday, April 11, 2009

Altered Paint Can and Birthday Card
















I made this for a dear friend and good customer for her birthday. I got the paint cans at HL in a pack of 3 and this was the smallest one.
I cut the 'For You' with my Cricut out of Colonial White CS and distressed it with Bamboo ink. The lace around the top and bottom is from Wal Mart. I used the Mini Medley accents for the little flowers. I made one of the Nestibilities butterflies (with my Cuttlebug.) I make both butterflies and glue them together and add Stickles.
I used the Silhouette Creative Basics paper to cover the lid and added a Big Pinks Bloom. I made the 2 tags with the Cricut and used CTMH's Rub-Ons. I also used the White Daisy Crocheted flowers (wish I could make those flowers myself), I inked the flowers to 'age ' them a bit as they are such a bright white.
The card used the same Creative Basics papers and another flower. The ribbon is from the Creative Basics pack.
After I finished the card I realised it wouldn't fit in the can...sigh....with a bit of bending I got it in there LOL.
Well I worked today and I am working tomorrow so I am BEAT!
Have a wonderful Easter.
Enjoy!


4 comments:

Jenny said...

This project is gorgeous!!! It's probably there, and I probably missed it because I was too busy drooling, but the tag that says Celebrate on it, is that a stamp?

I am thinking this may be a beautiful project idea for my daughters wedding for her maid of honor/bridesmaids...

Carla Harrah said...

Sarah,
I had another DUH! moment. I was going to ask what kind of paper you used on the can, but I can see it is clear and has crinkled paper in it.
Great work. This is gorgeous!

Nellie Mae said...

I just saw some cans like this at Micheal's today, but I already had too much other stuff so I didn't get one, but this is super cute!! Great work!!

Jeanne said...

How beautiful is this?!!! Love every single thing about it! Fantastic work and thanks so much for sharing...I'll have to be on the look out for those cans...

Related Posts with Thumbnails