Saturday, April 25, 2009

Card for Unscripted Sketches 03

Here is the new sketch from Unscripted Sketches ....



Here is my card...










I know, I know the sentiment is not straight and it is BUGGING me...but apparently not enough to go downstairs and fix right now. It was stamped with a rubber stamp....and....I have to say, I am spoiled with my clear stamps!
The card is a 6x6. I used CTMH's Perfect Day PP . The center is a doily I picked up at the grocery store the other day ..ha ha...My 12 yr old DD looks at me and says knowingly...."you are going to use that for a card aren't you!" , as I stand there with them in my hand...sigh. I bought ones that are waxy coated sadly so they are not easy to color or add ink to.
I stamped many versions then cut out a circle of Colonial White CS and stamped my image on that. I used gold Stickles to accent the stamp.
I learned this today....it is very hard to make a circle freehand with Stickles LOL
The stamp set is CTMH's You've Got Flair and will be one of their SOTM from the Summer catalog. I colored it with CTMH's markers....Juniper, Tulip, Sorbet, and Creme Brulee.
I decided to decorate the inside of the card with more of my doily practice runs..
I hope you are all having an awesome Saturday. I was all prepared for a day of working in the garden....then it rained! So I decided to go to my spot and create.....BUT it was such a mess I cleaned it up for about 2 hours. Then I managed to do this card.
Enjoy!

14 comments:

Beth aka BR-T said...

Sarah this is so awesome! Your usage of the doily, you rock and when I saw this stamp set I was really unimpressed but you changed my tune! Thanks for your great take on this weeks sketch our red carpet will ever be unrolled for you to enter! BR-T

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Sarah. I love how you used the doily, and your colors are fabulous. Thanks for joining us again this week! Hope you continue to play along! :)

Jamie Harder said...

Very pretty!!! Nice use of the doily!

RHONDA said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CARD! VERY ELEGANT

Laurel said...

Great job! Love the doily! The sketch stumped me, so I am still pondering what to do.

Jeanne said...

Wow, Sarah...you rocked this one, too! Love the colors and how you used the doily. Terrific card!

(and I'm sorry I hadn't noticed your blog design before...too anxious to make my comments, I guess. LOL)

Caryl P said...

Wow, this card is great Sarah! I'm so glad you joined us, and I may need to check out the doilies at the grocery store. You blew me away!

Fink said...

What a great job with your card! Thanks for playing along with us at US!

Jenn Embry said...

Beautiful card. I didn't know paper doilies came in a waxed or unwaxed. Sounds like something I would do.

Chrissy's Creations said...

I love those papers you used, the colors are just beautiful.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your lacey feel of your card. You rocked this sketch challenge!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Marie said...

This card is amazing! I'm at a loss for words.

Nellie Mae said...

I love it!!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome way to use doilies! Can't wait to see more of your work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails