Thursday, April 16, 2009

Card for So Sketchy Sunday #9

Mary over at On Life and Creating has a sketch to try Here is my version..










My DH asked me to make a get well card for a male co-worker who was having surgery. Making cards for men is not easy for me ..esp get well cards. I SOOO want to put flowers and stuff on it.
Anyways...it was with severe restraint I came up with this.
I used all CTMH supplies... Emporium Paper Packet, Dainty Thoughts SS, Chocolate ink, Cocoa grosgrain ribbon and some of the big, fancy, can't remember their name, brads and bitty brads, oh and a little foam tape.
I am overall pleased with this card.
If I haven't said it recently I would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who leaves a comment on my blog! I really appreciate it...you make my day brighter and encourage me to keep creating!
I have a Girl Scout Overnighter Friday night with my two girls and then I am working 12 hours Sun. , so I will not be posting, probably, until Monday. I think I may go into blog withdrawal!!!
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and weekend!!!
Enjoy!


8 comments:

Mary said...

Awesome card Sarah! Thanks for playing - you are entered into the monthly blog candy drawing as well as the 10,000 visitor prize package drawing - good luck!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a great card! I love that paper pack!

Carla Harrah said...

Sarah,
This is an awesome card. I love how you used the sketch. Great job.

Nellie Mae said...

So pretty!! Have a fun weekend!

Jeanne said...

You did a super job on this card. Love how the papers work together.

Have a wonderful time with your girls! Hope the work day goes quickly, though. *Ü*

Laurel said...

Way to rock the sketch!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is so sophisticated Sarah, I love this paper pack but am waiting to order next month to get that awesome May SOTM!

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog and seeing the awesome cards that you've made.---go Sarah go!!! (Penny)

Related Posts with Thumbnails