Thursday, March 26, 2009

MY First Ever Card For a Sketch Challenge...Mojo Monday #79







After seeing all the wonderful cards everyone does for these sketch challenges out here in Blog Land I decided to give it a go. It is FUN. I tried the Mojo Monday #79 (woohoo the embedded linky thingy worked...thanks to all those who gave me pointers!)
here is the sketch...























And here is my card!...My first ever Sketch challenge and my first ever using non CTMH rubber stamps. This is Princess Anya! I have to say I am spoiled with the CTMH stamps. I must have stamped this 5-6 times before I got it right.




I used CTMH Daydream Lv 2 PP. The sentiment is a CTMH rub-on. The ribbon is also CTMH. The little froggy (who she 'believes ' and 'dreams' will 'become' her Prince... ok ok it's for my little princess Amy who is 7), is cut out from the Daydream paper. I almost left him off but the sage advice from my 2 critics (Allison and Amy) was to leave him there. The border of the black CTMH CS is done with the much used Martha Stewart Punch.
The bling around the sentiment is from Walmart.
I used Stickles to color her wand and crown and to make her dress sparkly. Anya was colored using Copics. I was so good at staying in the lines until the last bit then I went and blew it so I cut her out LOL. I paper pieced the dress from the same papers I used on the card. I don't know whether to add something in that top right corner....or to leave it alone.

I was inspired to get these stamps from looking at all the amazing cards over at Sparkles blog.

Well I hope you like this...I am quite proud of myself (that doesn't happen often.)
Enjoy!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card! The Mojo sketches are fun. You did great!

Meredith said...

So cute! I had a chance to do my first five post. Thanks again!

Pandascrapper said...

Sarah, your card is so cute. I love the frog. I haven't been blogging long so I don't know about paying it forward or any of that. I just like checking out all the blogs I can find and see what is out there to inspire me.
Leslie

Carla Harrah said...

Sarah,
I love this card! It is soooo cute! I'm glad you left the frog on it. I'm partial to frog though. I need to get that litle guy. Great work! I'll be emailing you soon.

Jeanne said...

SUPER card, Sarah! I always think I should try the challenges, but then I don't...I applaud your efforts.

You should be proud of yourself!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Way to go Sarah! That image is awesome, I am glad you did the Mojo Monday challenge and I cannot wait to see what you come up with next week! BR-T

Laurel said...

So adorable!

JeanB said...

Love this card Sarah- now I have to check out the website and see what these stamps look like!

Julie Koerber said...

So darling! Love your take on the sketch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails