Monday, March 9, 2009

Card Inspired By A Print I Have On My Wall.


First the art..We have 3 simple prints on our upstairs hallway wall...mainly because my 12 year old daughter is obsessed with all things oriental in nature (she eats spaghetti and meatballs with chopsticks for one, she watches cartoons in Japanese for two and she listens to Japanese tracks on her Ipod for three!!!....she had some say in my mix and match player list LOL). Anyway, I thought to myself, I could make a card like this....so I did!
I used CTMH Kanji phrases and embossed the symbol in white EP, I also used the Aspiration SS. I smudged my stamping at the top (don't you just HATE that.) I think I got pretty close. I might make a mini card set as I like this so much.
What inspires you?
Next the yadayadayada...I am a Registered Nurse, I only work weekends as I Home school my eldest daughter (the local school was failing her dismally and wanted her put on meds! NOT.) I worked this past weekend, 12 hour shifts both days (more like 14 with the travel and overtime). I have to say if any of you who read this blog today have someone in your family in the nursing profession give them a big hug and tell them what a great job they do!
Nursing is one of the hardest things you can ever do. You give 100% of yourself often not having time to eat (or potty) during your shift. What makes it worth it?? Not the money (what money???), not the prestige (who are you kidding), but the patients! THEY make it worth it. When they tell you "thank you", it makes it all worth it.
I work in a smaller (but very busy) hospital and the patients are awesome, it says a lot for Iowans and farming communities. I have worked at many hospitals in the US and this is one of the best (and busiest) I have ever worked at.
So go give that nurse you know a pat on the back and tell her thank you for choosing this profession, it will make her (or his) day!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails