Wednesday, March 18, 2009

How to Turn School Pics into Cards!











We are lucky enough to have a wonderful great aunt in the UK. She is my grandmothers sister and she is a little sweetie. She sends the kids money for Christmas, and last year they pooled their money and together with some other Christmas money they were able to buy a Wii. Well I usually send her their school pics every year as we don't get to see her....so I thought why not make their pics into thank you cards that will also serve as picture frames that she can display!
Here is what I came up with.
All I can say is TG for embellies....after putting the whole card together don't I go and put my hand with Liquid Glue on it and rip Amy's (the purple card) photo!!!! SOOOOO rather than redo the whole thing (hard as I only have one photo to use that size) I place my flower mid way down the pic. SIGH.
I see that my kitchen is in the background of the one picture...I really have to make myself some kind of photo box thingy...any ideas? What do you all use?
Well have a wonderful night and thanks for reading.
Enjoy!



4 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

These turned out great! How pretty!

Jeanne said...

What a great idea! They look great, and if you hadn't said you'd had a problem with one, I never would have known!

I have a light box that I don't use often...no room to set it up and take it down. I tend to take photos on a chair in front of a big window (for the light). You can Google how to make a light box. I know you can make one from a cardboard box, tissue paper and some poster board...for less than 10 bucks!

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a great idea & your children are beautiful! BR-T

Anonymous said...

Wow, do I like this idea! What a great Christmas card theme this could work out to be as well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails