Sunday, March 29, 2009

Altered Composition Book.


If you have access to the CTMH BB you will probably have seen this posted. I wanted to post some art today and couldn't post what I have been working on (as it was the First 5 to Comment Post goodies).
This is a composition book I altered for Amy for school. I used CTMH's Pansy Purple textured cardstock and adhered it with liquid glass as I wanted it to stick! I colored the dimensional elements alphas with Pansy Purple and Petal ink and a sponge dauber . Then I stamped the flowers with Cottage Floral SS, cut them out and misted them with some water so I could curl the edges. Then I added some buttons for the centers and stamped the stems with the Celebration Bouquet SS. I stamped the leaves and lightly misted them too, so I could curl the edges. Looking at it now I should have framed it or something..it needs something more. However I knew it would take a licking in Amy's desk soooo I did try to keep it somewhat simple. Everything was adhered with CTMH's liquid glass so it would stay put!
Hope you had a great weekend
Enjoy!

5 comments:

Carla Harrah said...

Sarah you should totally submit this to http://clearlyistamp.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/03/april-guest-designer-challenge-call.html for the April guest designer for Clear Dollar Stamps. This month is anything purple and I would say this would count. It says the more purple the better.. Just thought I'd let you know. Great Work!!

Jeanne said...

You know I'm a sucker for anything with the name Amy...*Ü* This is adorable. How neat you decorated a composition book for her. I never would have thought to do that.

Our Amys are just about a month apart in age! my Amy's b-day is June 25th. I told her and she got all excited. (Sorry I've not responded to your email...been kinda busy lately...)

peggysue said...

That's very pretty. I like the flowers and stems, the way you did the name. Very nice job, altering items is tricky for me.

peggysue said...

That's very pretty. I like the flowers and stems, the way you did the name. Very nice job, altering items is tricky for me.

Laurie Wilson said...

Pretty book! What a lovely and thoughtful gift too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails