Thursday, June 4, 2009

Some Heartfelts Cards…

007

028

029

My love affair with kraft paper and CTMH’s heartfelts continues  so bear with me. Sorry about the pics..I snapped them really quick as I was going out the door to hand them out LOL.The top two were quick thank you cards that held gift cards and the bottom one was a pure just for fun one I made at GS camp on little sleep at midnight ha ha.

Supplies: kraft CS from Hobby Lobby, Heartfelts whimsy from CTMH, Bigger brad from CTMH , TLC SS from CTMH, Owl  SS (can’t remember the name of it how sad is that) CTMH, DCWV green stack, inks Cocoa, Chocolate black CTMH.

I have a couple of cool things to share.

First I received014

016 

this in the mail from Aaron over at Booth#32 one of my fav blogs. I was the first to answer a question correctly. Woohoo.

This is the neatest thing ever! Aaron designs these and then posts the templates on her ETSY shop which you can purchase for pennies…and all proceeds go to Operation Smile! I really need to get over there and donate to get some of these amazing creations.

Aaron sent me the instructions so I am doubly lucky. Thanks Aaron!

My second piece of news is SOOO exciting. I am just kind of in shock! I was asked to join Unscripted Sketches as one of their DT members and I agreed. To say I was floored was an understatement. As those of you who have read the blurb in my last post know…I am VERY new to all of this, so I am just tickled to death about it.

I LOVE their sketches as they leave the creative window WIDE OPEN.  So if you get a chance head on over every Saturday and check out a sketch or two.

I am so thankful for each and every comment that you guys leave! I think my Birthday Card  Unscripted Sketch 08 post probably broke my comment record (apart from the blog candy one LOL). Just know that I will never take your comments for granted and that I appreciate them all.

I realized the other day I am trying to follow 90 blogs…OUCH..I tried to go through and ‘unfollow’ (is that a word?) ones that are really not that personal…however if I now am unfollowing one of you…know that it is a mistake and let me know.  OK I am rambling…time to call it a night

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Very cute cards!! Love the felt and Kraft paper! Cool card set from Aaron, too. Last but not least, CONGRATULATIONS on the design team!! Good for you!!

Alanna said...

Great cards. I love how you used the kraft cardstock. These are so fun.

Congrats on your appointment as a DT member. No wonder they wanted you after that awesome birthday card you made with their sketch.

Also, I enjoyed seeing your first cards and scrap area. I can see that you have a natural talent for this and I hope you continue to enjoy this wonderful craft.

Marie said...

Hurray, hurray, hurray for you! Congrats on the new DT position. I love looking at your work and will make my way over to the sketch challenge. Love your cards...but that's pretty much a given!
Marie with a :-)

Beth aka BR-T said...

Sarah I knew you'd be a perfect choice! I love the Heartfelt cards the skunk card reminds me of Pepe la'Pue if that's even spelled right. an old loony toons cartoon...BR-T

Carla Harrah said...

Congrats on the DT! I love that little skunk is it a stamp or sticker? All your cards are great!

Unknown said...

Beautiful job! Love all of these! Welcome to the US group! I am really excited you've agreed to join us!

Laurel said...

Wow, love your cards! And congrats to you on being on their desing team! You go girl!

Jeanne said...

Great cards, Sarah! Love the felt and kraft paper. Great texture.

CONGRATS on the design team! How awesome for you. Your enthusiasm and love for crafting is going to reach so many more people now. That is awesome! I'm thrilled for you!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on being chosen for the DT! What fabulous news...I'm sure if must have really brightened your day:)

Your kraft paper cards are adorable:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails