Monday, June 15, 2009

Quick kraft Card….

011

012

This card was pretty quick and I really love the effect of the butterflies cut and popped up! I took this pic outside to see if I liked it better.

Supplies: Cardstock kraft Hobby Lobby, Paper DCWV Spring Stack, Punch Martha Stewart, Stamp CTMH, Ink Hollyhock CTMH.

I started out this blog with the intention of posting daily. I had quite a few projects to fall back on if I didn’t have anything made. As I have grown as a crafter and have been blogging a while, I find that unless I have time to go make something I have nothing (worthy) to post. My craft area is in the basement and my husband’s ‘work from home’ office is right next to it. I have 3 kids that need to stay out of the basement while daddy is working. SO this means that I cannot craft until the evening. Sometimes this is just fine..other times my hubby and the kids resent me disappearing for several hours in the basement and then sitting at the puter for an even longer time posting to my blog. Don’t get me wrong I am fine with them coming down with me and watching the TV down there…but they don’t always want to. They want me to go outside with them, interact with them, read to them, or sit around the table and play UNO with them. I feel that I need to try and balance this a little better and without a doubt family comes first. I hope the fact that I may not be able to post every day will not affect my visits and followers, as I enjoy each and every one of  you!!

My hubby and son are at Boy Scout Camp for the next 2 nights, so it’s a girls only house woohoo! I asked them what they wanted to do tonight and Amy says…”Lets go out to eat!” I thought why not! We haven’t eaten out in ages as it is just too much money anymore. So we went out to Applebee's and had a blast. Tomorrow they want to go see a movie. Something else we hardly ever do. I hope to get some crafting done in between so I will have something else for you!

Have a wonderful Monday and keep safe!

Enjoy!

13 comments:

Marie said...

Oh Sarah! I love your card and I love your vulnerability in sharing your life happenings. Hurray for family (even if it interrupts our craft time :-)), hurray for girl time (my 3 daughters and I are watching Sense and Senisibilty and playing WordScramble as I type :-) ) AND I love the pop up butterly effect on your card.

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE this card!! The kraft paper works so well with the pinks and yellows...wow the butterflies really stand out! The simplicity of it is just perfect!

No worries about not being able to post everyday...I will still be checking:) I know exactly what you mean though...how can you say 'no' when your little ones want to play. To me that is being selfish and in my opinion I gave up the right to be selfish(most if the time:)when I had kids. They are only little for a short time...we need to enjoy them wanting to be with us while we can!:)

Alanna said...

Beautiful card Sarah. Love all those butterflies. As far as the dividing time between family and crafting, I think it's something that we all have to deal with. Family is most important in life and I know that your followers and readers will still come faithfully.

Christina said...

What an awesome card! I definitely agree that the butterfly being cut out and popped up makes a cool effect! I love the colors and EVERYTHING! :)

Beth aka BR-T said...

Sarah I love the craft card stock it is awesome and the butterflies are a sight to behold! BR-T

Haley D. said...

You are so talented! I love how you popped the butterfly wings- would have never thought to do that. Enjoy your girls and some family time!!!

Jeanne said...

Sarah! You should have heard my gasp when this post showed up. WOW! I absolutely ADORE what you have done here. Simple, maybe, but gorgeous...definitely and one I will most likely be copying in the near future. Thanks so much for sharing!

As for not posting daily...don't you ever feel guilty about not being able to. Your family comes first and foremost and anyone who gets miffed about that can take a flying leap in my opinion (not that anyone who reads your blog will get miffed, but well, you know what I mean...)

Post when you can and enjoy your family ALWAYS!

Hugs!

Laurel said...

Oh my it is so beautiful!

Barb said...

Hi Sarah...LOVE the butterfly card, butterflies are my favorite! Yours are so pretty against the Kraft cardstock. Just lovely.

As for not posting daily...no worries. I completely understand. Our kiddos will be grown and gone before we know it, so it's important to spend time with them now...when they WANT to spend time with us.

I have you in my Google Reader and I look forward to popping in when ever you post.

Be Blessed!
Barb

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is so warm and cheery! Have fun with just the girls!

Caryl P said...

Beautiful card Sarah, I love the cheery butterfly. I understand what you mean about balance of creativity, family and blogging. I only have my hubby here with me and sometimes when I'm at the computer he's less than 15 feet away and wants me to be hanging out with him. So retreating to the dark basement by myself is usually a timed trial in creation! Spend all the time you can with kids, I wish more parents did!

Robin Gibson said...

You know what? Family comes first My Dear:) I do believe us scrapper-friends will agree and understand...as we scrap our families too! btw...THIS CARD TOTALLY ROCKS!!!

Christine said...

I love the dimension you added with the butterflies. Just stumbled on to your blog today and have enjoyed looking thru and getting some inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails