Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Flowers and a Little Card For You…..

004

006

OK so you know all those little bitty pieces that fall out of your various punches….I tried to use them in this card. Really I was just playing around. I had seen Mere from Mere’s Lair emboss kraft CS on her blog with this card and I thought it looked really great. So I ran a bunch of kraft through my embossing folders and started playing with them. This card is 4x4 size. The little corner doohickeys  were what was left from messing with a Fiskars corner punch…The little white flowers are the leftovers of another Fiskars punch that punches borders, ovals and circles..it also has these cute little ivy leaf leftovers too. The kraft in the middle is embossed with a cuttlebug folder but it doesn’t show up well in the picture. You need a steady hand and tweezers to work with these little bits of paper LOL..and putting bitty brads through the middle of the flowers was…let’s just say…more than frustrating.I think it actually looks better IRL.

Supplies: CTMH white daisy CS, kraft CS LSS, sentiment CTMH, Bamboo ink CTMH, Bitty brads CTMH.

I got a macro lens for my little 5 mp Kodak D740 camera and here are some cool flower pics I took with it….Very hard to do on a breezy day. Thanks Beth for the inspiration and for enabling me :-)056 004 007 009 013 015 017 019 024 028 031 040 051

Hope you are all having a wonderful Tuesday..and thanks for all the lovely comments you left me about having to work this weekend.

Enjoy!

12 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Love your card! Oldies like me, however, would have to add a magnifying glass to our tool kit to duplicate it!! LOL! As for the flowers, they are beau-ti-ful!! Thanks for sharing!

Leslie said...

cute card. photos of the flowers are beautiful. a couple of them look like flower-soft flowers.

Beth aka BR-T said...

Great card Sarah or should I call you nimble fingers! You photos are stunning,I have been waiting excitedly too see what you see, Cool! BR-T

Meredith said...

Cute card--love that determination of putting the brads through the itty bitty flowers!

Your photos turned out great! I am one of those who likes the 'close up' pics better than the 'telephoto' pics. David (hubby) like taking big landscape pics. men! lol!

Jamie Harder said...

Cute card...oh and now I NEED a macro lens...never mind that my yard is nothing but dirt. There will be flowers someday:-)

Unknown said...

First, I can't believe this gorgeous card is leftover from punches! I had just told my hubby yesterday, "I can't keep every little scrap of paper!" Fabby card, love the tiny flowers on it!
On to that amazing lens...Wow, you lucky girl! You'll get amazing scrapbook shots with that! Woo Hoo for you!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Jeanne said...

Such creative use of your "scraps" Sarah! Love it!!!!

Oooohhhh I'm envious that you have such a fun camera and now a macro lens to take awesome photos like these. You are one lucky girl.

Sparkplug17 said...

Very pretty card and love all of your pics!

Christina said...

What a cute card and I'm diggin the pictures of all the flowers!

Robin Gibson said...

LOVE those pics Sarah! COOL photography! I really need to learn more about my camera! I do love it though, what little bit I do know about it, lol.

Bananastamper said...

Unique card and AMAZING flower photos!!! Wow, you really had fun with that lens! I read in one of your earlier posts about reading your manual - yep that's me, I've now had my camera for two years and have yet to read it!

Justine said...

Your photos are so beautiful, quit the photographer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails