Tuesday, June 9, 2009

4x4 Note Cards and Box…

010

012

016

014

Happy Tuesday everyone! I can’t believe that here we are, June 9th, I have the windows OPEN and it’s 70 degrees. It’s Iowa for goodness sakes…usually the humidity and the A/C have settled in for the long haul. I seem to start all my posts lately with some kind of weather comment.

OK onto my creation tonight. I am SO pleased with this..not because it’s any great stamping masterpiece…but because I made the box top and bottom all by myself! I didn’t download a template or follow instructions..it all came out of my head. For me this is pretty amazing (being math challenged…and me a home schooling Mom Ha Ha!) I picked up Papercrafts 225 Cards and Gifts Magazine the other day and was inspired by the little note set on page 20. The designer used a box she had lying around the house…so I came up with my own using kraft CS and acetate for the lid. Hope you like it…If you want the template or instructions drop me an email and I will gladly send you them. The cards are 4x4.

Supplies: Colonial white CS CTMH, kraft CS Hobby Lobby, Acetate Sheetload cards, Cocoa grosgrain ribbon CTMH, Treasure Life SS CTMH, Say It In Style SS CTMH, Olive and Chocolate inks CTMH.

I hope you are all enjoying your Tuesday. I have spent most of the day doing my spring cleaning, I know late as ever. The rest of the day was spent planning my kids up coming school year.

I have really enjoyed some blog posts recently. Especially Kathi’s Birdhouse and Jeanne’s Teapot.  I can’t forget Mere’s post on Glenn Beck and Beth’s wonderful flower shots. Alanna made a gorgeous Bella card and Leisa a beautiful 4 U Bella card. Who needs TV?

Have a wonderful evening.

Enjoy!

16 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Oh my, I absolutely love these simple little cards. I have that silhouette flower stamp set and haven't used it yet. Looks like I need to stamp-lift your cards. :)

Anonymous said...

Your cards are so wonderful...the simplicity is perfect! Kudos to you in making the box with no template or tutorial! That is an undertaking I would never attempt!:)

Jamie Harder said...

Beautiful note cards!! I LOVE the simplicity of them!!

stampmonkey said...

You did a great job on your pretty cards and box project -- good going, creating that template all by yourself! (I'm also 'math challenged' so hubby helps out a lot with that, thankfully!).

Robin Gibson said...

This? IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I want the template please:) I need to make me up some cards, and box 'em up! GREAT GIFTS!!!
Such an inspiration Sarah, as always!!! {HUGS!}

Kathi Carlson said...

Very, very nice! I love the Olive on the Colonial White cardstock. Great job with the box, too! Seventy degrees, huh? Lucky you! We may see a 70-degree day this week - the third this year... We do have leaves now though. That's a start. LOL. Enjoy Wednesday!

Alanna said...

What a perfect little gift set. I think the cards are absolutely wonderful. And I love that stamp set you used on them. Awesome job on the box. That's something I don't think I would be able to do.

Also, thanks for the shout out on my Bella card. Made my day.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I love the green/cream color combo. Very nice!!

Laurel said...

OMG these are absolutely gorgeous!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Sarah this is just awesome! The silhouette of these flowers will always hold a special place in my heart, Your box is awesome say way to mastermind! I am so loving this cool Midwest weather give me 70's 24/7. Have a super day, BR-T

Jeanne said...

Beautiful! Love their simplicity. And I'm so proud of you for coming up with the box on your own. I bow to you! (being the massive copier that I am).

70s you say? I think I'd take that over the humidity you have to deal with. And over the tornadoes that keep cropping up in my neck of the woods!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a pretty card set. Green is my favorite, so I absolutely love it!

Amy Moore said...

Love the simplicity of your cards, and the box is dressed up so sweet. I'm totally doing the spring cleaning thing too. Just when you think you're done, there's another room, garage, office, yard.... HGTV help!

Marie said...

Very impressive! Great example of simply stunning :-) I wouldn't mind having the template instructions sent to me if you have time. Thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

I love your little note card box. Even more impressed by the fact that you came up with it yourself!! The cards are beautiful and the box is perfect...yes, I would love to have the template or measurements for it. It's just awesome!

About being a math challenged home school mom. No worries! I home schooled my girls for 10 plus years and believe me...I am NO good at math. There are so many helps out there for us...if you're interested drop me an e-mail.

Your weather sounds lovely. Are you sure you're still in Iowa? LOL!

Have a good one,
Barb

Meredith said...

This card set is so cute!! I need to do this kind of project for a workshop! And you are so sweet to mention my blog...

Related Posts with Thumbnails