Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Finally After a Long Break a Mojo Card….

007

010 009

011

Mojo91Sketch

Here is the Mojo Monday 91 sketch and my interpretation of it. The girls and I took a run out to Hobby Lobby and Amy picked up this cute rubber stamp by Penny Black called Sisterhood.  She said “Ohh mom can you get this one!” How could I refuse!!!! Now I have my kids enabling my habit ha ha.  I tried the stamp on watercolor paper with the idea of coloring it with my new Prisma color Watercolor pencils and/or my watercolor crayons. I did go ahead and use Memento Tuxedo black ink…BUT as soon as I tried to use the watercolor crayons (which needed a lot of water) the ink immediately ran.  So I ended up coloring with my Copics. My theme throughout the card was dots LOL…I even dotted her pants and some of the yellow paper. I had fun with the color combo…not in my comfort zone. Was resisting the urge to put some kraft paper in there :-)

Supplies: CTMH Magic Moments Lv 2 PP, CTMH Vineyard Berry ribbon, Penny Black rubber stamp, Memento Tuxedo black ink, Sakura Gelly roll white pen, CTMH Rub-Ons, Hollyhock and Tulip Brads CTMH, Copic markers, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Cricut.

The girls and I went to the movies together and saw Night at The Museum 2…We all enjoyed it, but I don’t think it was as good as the first one. The boys came home from Scout camp tonight so I have a pile of wet smelly laundry to do.

Thanks for all your comments once again…makes me feel so special.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Enjoy!

13 comments:

Caryl P said...

Sarah this card is fabulous! I never would've thought these colors were out of your comfort zone, you rocked the sketch.
Oh how I wish we had a Hobby Lobby, it sounds like a wonderful place....

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Not only are the colors great, but the coloring itself looks so perfect and polished. Thanks for sharing this!

Robin Gibson said...

I have to agree with Caryl P! This is amazing, and perfect in every way! Never would have known it was a challenge for you! FAHBULOUS DAHLING!

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! The colors look great together!:)

Jamie Harder said...

What a cute stamp - you did an amazing job coloring it!! I love how your kids are "enabling your habit" cause mine do too:-) throwing all sorts of things into my cart...hee hee

Alanna said...

Too stinkin' cute Sarah. How fun that your kids "enabled" you. Hey, whatever works. I should try that one.

Leslie said...

absolutely darling.

Kathi Carlson said...

So, so cute! I LOVE it. That's a great image. Wish I had kids who enabled me. Instead they shake their heads ... like their dad. LOL. Oh, and laundry from Scout camp. I remember that soggy, smelly mess and don't miss it. By the way, I was/am a nationally certified Boy Scout camp director. Sometimes, the laundry was my own. LOL.

Jeanne said...

Sarah...you DO know I have a HL about 5 minutes from my house, don't you? You DO know you are making me seriously consider a run (w/o a coupon, I might add), don't you? LOL
This is a fantastic card! I love EVERY thing about it. *Ü*

Sometimes, when I am going to color, I heat set the ink with my heat gun. I have also been known to use Versamark and clear embossing powder over the image. Just some ideas to hopefully help you feel a little less frustrated if you encounter problems again!

Ewwwww on the smelly dirty laundry! LOL

Laurel said...

Aw this is adorable!

AaronB said...

That is sooo cute!!

Marjorie said...

Those little girls are darling and your coloring came out gorgeous! I left you an award on my blog. Come and visit if you want to play :D

Barb said...

Very cute card, Sarah! I love the color combo...you did an awesome job with the sketch and your Copic coloring skills are amazing...I thought the focal image was a cutout or something!

Wish we had a Hobby Lobby. Shoot, I'd settle for a Michael's or JoAnn nearby...

Thanks for sharing. And good luck with that laundry...yuck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails