Thursday, June 25, 2009

Another Butterfly with Bling Card….

003

005

006

007

So here is another butterfly card with that same S.E.I. paper! I used a clear acetate card for this one…and I painted the edges with CTMH’s Create-a-shade paint but it doesn’t show up well in the picture. The thing with the clear cards is that any sentiment you put on the inside shows through…and in this instance I wanted the background to be plain. Soooo i decided to put my sentiment in a little pull out tag. I actually liked it….I guess you could even put a gift card in there too!

Supplies: Shortcuts clear acetate card blank, SEI paper, Spellbinders butterfly die, bling from Wal-Mart, Chocolate ink CTMH, Sentiment CTMH.

I don’t know if you guys have ever tried this..but it is my kids new favorite thing to do. We bought some Wal-Mart brand biscuits in the tubes, heated some vegetable oil , made the biscuits into doughnut shapes and popped them into the oil for a few mins. Once they are nice and puffed up and golden brown we coat them in sugar and enjoy LOL.

002

003

005

006

They are so quick, easy, fun, inexpensive, and YUMMY!

Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday!

Enjoy!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another fab card you have made with that fantastic paper...I think this one is my favorite so far!:) Such a clever idea to put the sentiment on a tag...love it!

I also love the new look of your blog! I am obsessed with adding and changing things with mine. I just don't know when to stop:)

Oh, and those homemade donuts are the best! I remember making/eating those when I was a kid and still love them today! I think they are quite addictive:)

Teresa Kline said...

luv this card, the butterflies are adorable....very nice work! Luv the looks of the donuts too....your son is a cutie, very sweet!
enjoy *~*

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh, wow! So pretty, Sarah! I love it. As for those doughnuts, they remind me I haven't had supper yet. They look SO good ....

Beth aka BR-T said...

Seriously another fabulous card I love what you've been doing lately actually always! Those donuts are evil yet so good, just ask my butt! BR-T

Christina said...

Ok, you totally suck! LOL Now you've got me craving donuts!! Good going, geesh! :O) I'll definitely give those a shot with my family! On another note, that card is A-DORABLE!! You are so talented missy!!!

Jeanne said...

Ooooohhhh another beauty! You are on a roll here!

And those donuts! Arghhhh...my grandma would make this same type of thing with homemade bread dough. We called them "bangs." So very scrumptious. I never thought to do that same thing with biscuit dough. Thanks for the idea (my waist doesn't thank you, but the rest of me does!)

Unknown said...

Beautifully done! Love acetate cards, but not so good with them. You rocked it!

Lisa aka yarnchik said...

WOW! What a beautiful card, Sarah. I haven't ever used acetate before, but now I must give it a try. Doughnuts-MMMMM :~)

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is gorgeous! My boss makes those donuts all the time! :) Yummy!

stampmonkey said...

Gorgeous clear card -- LOVE those butterflies you've been using lately! The pull-out sentiment is really fun and the bling trail is a nice touch too. Great card!

Those doughnuts are really delicious looking! Sugar-coated are one of my all-time favs, and my hubby called me from work yesterday to tell me that he'd just eaten TWO Krispy Kremes...and now this! I'm feeling an intense craving for doughnuts right about now --shame on you, Sarah! lol

Meredith said...

Wow! A beautiful card! And I remember my dad making those donuts for us when we were little--such a treat!

Unknown said...

Love the new blog look. These cards with the butterflies are so very elegant! I agree with Grace, this one is my favorite so far.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Related Posts with Thumbnails