Thursday, December 17, 2009

50th Birthday Card

DSC_0013

DSC_0014

DSC_0010 DSC_0016

I found this neat tutorial on SCS for a recessed window card, or shadow box style card…and gave it a go.  This card is for a dear friend of ours who turns 50 on Friday…He and his family are about the most wonderful people you could meet.  I really love this style of card, next time I make one I will make the window deeper I think.  The supplies are all CTMH except the number stickers. I used the Game On paper pack. Sentiment stamps are CTMH as is that birthday cake. I originally had the whole cake black..but the number 50 didn’t show up well…so I restamped the center of the cake in bamboo and added it. There is some faux stitching around the outside. Here is a link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdFpXaor-ts&feature=related

 

Well, have a wonderful evening and as always..enjoy!

16 comments:

Leslie said...

Love the card. I made one probably last year or earlier this year and decided if I made another one I would score the top twice with a 1/4 inch seem so it would fold flat. I am still in the Christmas mode, but I know I need to get into the other seasons and reasons for cards.

Unknown said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous Sarah! I love everything about it!

Jamie Harder said...

Awesome card!! Love the 50 right on the cake!!!

Haley D. said...

What an awesome card!!! That glittery 50 takes the cake. ;)

Cheryl said...

This is a perfect 50th card Sarah! I love the black/white and layers you've got here!

Jeanne said...

Fantastic card! It's great that you are trying new and different (to you) techniques on your cards. It sure makes the creative process fun, doesn't it?

Penny said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Alanna said...

This card is amazing Sarah. I love that recessed look.

Laurel said...

Love it! So sad to see this paper go!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely 50 card!

Dawnll said...

Love it Sarah, you did a great job! I think this is the first time I have seen game on paper used.I wondered what it looked like close up. Thanks for sharing.

whoistracy said...

Happy birthday to your friend! I love the recessed window. I've only done it once or twice but it's a great effect!

Vickie said...

That card is so creative and pretty! I love the recessed window idea!! Gonna check out the link right now!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card:)

Have a good weekend!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Sarah this card is fantastic I love the paper pack! Beth

Kathi Carlson said...

You hit this one out of the park, Sarah! This card is wonderful. LOVE it. Darn near would make turning 50 worthwhile. LOL.

Bananastamper said...

Fabulous 50 card! Very nice

Shanna :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails