Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A CASE’d Card from PaperCrafts…..

 DSC_0014

DSC_0015

DSC_0012

I CASE’d the first card from PaperCrafts magazine Jan/Feb 2010….pg 70 card done by Lisa Johnson. There are so many awesome cards in this issue…and some really fussy ones (sorry PaperCrafts I just don’t DO fussy…though I am in awe of those who can). So this simple card just jumped out at me. I didn’t have a bow so I made a little paper rose and added it instead. All supplies are CTMH except the kraft CS. I also used a glue pen and prisma glitter along the flourish for extra bling! The second card was made with some scraps on my desk. I was playing with a new (to me) Cuttlebug folder and had it laying around. Added it to the kraft, some CTMH felt and a bit of ribbon and done. Still not so sure about it. I will say I LOVE the first one…but that’s cos it’s not mine LOL.

I hope you are all ready for the BIG DAY..I had to run around today to make sure I had everything as we are getting a rain/ice/snow storm over the next 3 days…who know what we will get but if it’s ice I am NOT going out.

Thanks as always for ALL your comments…I appreciate each and every one of them.

Merry Christmas.

7 comments:

Haley D. said...

Both cards are beautiful! Enjoy your Christmas, hopefully w/o ice!

Jeanne said...

Your cards, while not "fussy" are gorgeous! You are a master at simply elegant, that is for sure!

I hope you don't get ice!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sarah! I've so enjoyed getting to know you!!

Leslie said...

Hey Sarah, love both cards. I know what you mean about fussy cards. There are fussy cards and then there are cards that I think don't have enough. I like to try to stay in the middle of that somewhere. These cards are perfect. Great job on the rose. I tried once to make a rose and failed miserably, threw it away and didn't look back. Have you checked out the "Bow Easy"? For about $6 you can have perfect bows every time. I love mine. I thought it was well worth the price to be able to make a bow that I was pleased to put on my artwork.
I am sure I have said it before, but "Have a merry little Christmas this year".

Cheryl said...

They really are both gorgeous Sarah! Love your inking over that embossing, really makes it pop! : )

Amy Moore said...

These are very pretty cards, clean and simple, I like them.

Cibele Glazer said...

Love these CAS cards. The second one is my favorite I think because I like the embossed background so much. Gorgeous!

Jayma Malme said...

Sarah, I love both cards, but I actually like YOUR second card best! I love the antiqued look that the textured background and distressing gives. Thanks for sharing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails