Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Card Patterns Week #42 AND A CHALLENGE FOR YOU…….SCROLL DOWN!

DSC_0006

DSC_0003 DSC_0002

sketch42

I haven’t done a Card Patterns Sketch in FOREVER…but this one was intriguing. The card was much prettier in my head…..though I am not totally unhappy with this one. The pattern paper is really busy so I chose to keep that sentiment  plain….though that scrolled font is so gorgeous it really doesn’t need anything else.

Supplies: All CTMH unless stated. Black Card Stock, Colonial White Card Stock, Black ink, Silhouette Creative Basics paper, lace ribbon, Pearls from my stash, Nestabilities dies, Gracious Greetings SS.

OK do you want to have some fun…make a little girl smile and win some great goodies????? Then read on….

So I was down in my space making my card tonight and I had a little helper (my 8 yr old DD)…..She was full of questions like “what’s embossing mom?” and “can I turn the handle on the cranky thing?” and “which one of these is a Cuttlebug?”, then ”What is a sketch?” After I explained all of the above to her she wanted to look at the CP sketch. Then I hear her go running upstairs and she comes back armed with paper, and a Sharpie marker.  After a while she produces her own sketch!!!! I was just tickled. After a discussion with her I decided to post it on here and offer it up as a challenge.  She wants people to make cards using her sketch and then she wants to pick the winner. I decided to offer up some goodies as incentive. I think it would make her day!!!  I don’t have a mr Linky so leave a comment on this post with a link to your card and we will check them out.  Here is the sketch

DSC_0054

Rules:

1.Make a card/LO using this sketch and post a link to your project in the comment section of  this post by Wednesday December 2nd.

2. You can enter as many times as you want.

3.Please feel free to post about this challenge on your blogs.

4. You have until Midnight on Dec 2nd to enter…then on Thursday Dec 3rd Amy will pick a winner and we will post it here.

5. I will offer some blog candy to the winner…!

Lets see how many beautiful cards you talented ladies can make with this sketch!!!! You know it will make her day!

Thanks so much.

Enjoy!

24 comments:

Jeryn Carlisi said...

Love the colors and papers you used for your card. And I LOVE your daughter's sketch. I will definitely be playing along.

Cheryl said...

Love it Sarah...you ROCKED this sketch girl! Great embossing, but my fave part? Those PEARLS!!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Jeanne said...

What a gorgeous card, Sarah! I love it as is!

How fun for Amy! I would love to say I will participate, but I am so rusty when it comes to cardmaking these days, I can't make any promises.

(I love how she wrote her name in "cursive" complete with an adorable heart). *Ü*

Alanna said...

This is stunning Sarah. I need to pull out those papers again.

I love your daughter's sketch and hope to play.

Laurel said...

Gorgeous card Sarah! I am so going to try your daughter's sketch - at least I hope so. I am not only swamped with report cards (and the program was not cooperating with me - but that is another story) but I am sick as well so not a lot of mojo happening!

Haley D. said...

BEAUTIFUL card! I don't know what you were thinking but this one is gorgeous!

My DDs and I will have to give Amy's sketch a try. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a pretty card! I will try to play along this weekend.

Sheila Bennett said...

That is so sweet! And I really like how your daughter signed her sketch - just like you put the watermark on your photos. :)

Btw, I also really like the card that you created. The embossing and all the different shapes on the card look really nice

Carla said...

Beautiful card Sarah - I love it!
Your daughter's sketch is so cute - I'll definitely play along if I get some time in the craft room this weekend!!

Bananastamper said...

Beautiful card Sarah! Very striking.

How fun that your DD wanted to know so much! I would love to play if time allows...

Shanna

Meredith said...

How cool is this?!? I will definitely set aside time from decorating the tree this weekend to play along!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Sarah your card is breathtaking! I will try to create a card this weekend! Beth

dstandard said...

Gorgeous - looks so elegant!

stampmonkey said...

What a darling card (yes, you have every right to be proud of this one...your coloring is very pretty!), and I loved the story about your little helper and how she created her own sketch. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to make cards this next week (have another sewing project I have to complete...gotta start it first though -lol), but if I have time, I'll definitely play along. Tell Amy I really like her sketch. ;)

stampmonkey said...

Oops. I think I got the cards mixed up. The coloring one is on the next post (so I won't repeat myself there). This one uses the Silhouettes paper --one of my all-time CTMH favs! Your card is very elegant and clean looking. I was a bit afraid of that sketch, and I think you did a beautiful job with it. Go, Sarah!! ;D

Sparkplug17 said...

Here's my card for the sketch challenge!

http://sparklecreations.blogspot.com/2009/11/henry-celebrating.html

Pelusa said...

Hi Sarah:

Love your idea and, of course, love Amy's Sketch.

Here is my work on it. Hope you like it!!

http://pelusacreativa.blogspot.com/2009/11/happy-sparrow-for-amy.html

Greetings!

Laurel said...

Hi Sarah, I finally played along! Here is my card:

http://want2scrap.blogspot.com/2009/11/hello-little-guy.html

Alanna said...

I was able to try Amy's sketch. here it is

jacque4u2c said...

I am in.....I will be back later to link!

Cibele Glazer said...

Okay here's my entry:
http://flowerfoot.blogspot.com/2009/12/dude-you-rock.html

Cibele Glazer said...

Here's Kara's entry:
http://flowerfoot.blogspot.com/2009/12/horsing-around.html

Carla said...

Finally had a chance to play along! So glad you extended the challenge! Here is my entry:

http://carlacreates.blogspot.com/2009/12/ctmh-aspen-card-for-amys-challenge.html

Kathi Carlson said...

Thanks for extending the deadline on Amy's Sketch! Here's my card:
http://kathiscreativecorner.blogspot.com/2009/12/amys-sketch.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails