Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Simple Kraft and Cuttlebug cards…

011

007

Both of these cards were inspired by Meredith Over at Mere’s Lair. It is the second card in her post here so scroll down. I thought it was a great idea to run kraft through a Cuttlebug folder. On the first card I wimped out and added the bow to the ribbon…looking at it now I wished I would have tied it like the second one. The second one I was trying the glue and glitter method I have seen on several blogs. That is, in fact, glitter you see there. Martha Stewart glitter, that looks more like white embossing powder than glitter, sigh.…all I can say is..it’s harder than it looks LOL. Oh well you live and learn.

Supplies: Kraft CS, White Daisy CS, Ribbon from Joann’s, Martha Stewart Glitter, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Bamboo ink CTMH, Sentiment CTMH.

Well I have pretty much given up on surfing with IE anymore. More than half the time it locks up with certain blogs. I switched to Google chrome and I have to say I like it.  There is probably a newer version but I never like to mess with things that are working on my computer  anymore …It usually screws it up!

I hope you are all having a wonderful Tuesday.

Enjoy!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the simplicity of both these cards! The white and kraft paper make such an elegant cards. I think the glitter on the 2nd card is great:)

Sheila Bennett said...

Oh my - I love your cards. So original, simple, and elegant!

Meredith said...

I love them! I haven't seen that glitter idea yet...very cool!

I sooo hear you on the IE issues!!

Carla Harrah said...

I like the CAS look! great cards as usual!

Unknown said...

Yummy cards! The first one is simple and elegant, but the second one with the glitter is Wow!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Alanna said...

Gorgeous cards Sarah. That glitter portion is so pretty.

Kathi Carlson said...

These cards are right up my alley, Sarah! I love them. That ribbon is so pretty, although I have to say I have a heck of a time with it myself. Just about wear it out before I have a bow that suits me. LOL. I agree with you about Internet Explorer. It's Firefox for me these days.

Haley D. said...

These are so pretty!

Jeanne said...

Great cards! I love to see some of the examples of the glitter on the embossed images if you have links. I don't think I've seen too many and I am all over looking at pretty, sparkly eye candy.

I gave up on IE a long time ago and really like Chrome. You may need to use Google Reader for your blog reading. Doesn't lock up and you can put the blogs into labels like stamping, scrapbooking, organizing and all that, so you can virtually separate them into their own sections. Just a thought...

Laurel said...

Love them! One of my favorite cuttlebug folders!

Kit said...

This is a great card so elegant

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Cute cards! Love the glitter. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails